Thomas W. Durkin
Attorney Thomas W. Durkin handles social security disability / supplemental security income cases (SSDI / SSI), personal injury and workers' compensation, with an emphasis on SSDI / SSI. Attorney Durkin is active with the State Bar of Wisconsin and in Racine County. He has served on several State Bar committees, has lectured at State Bar seminars and at local seminars and given many presentations to local organizations. He is also active in the Racine community, serving on the Board of Directors of the ARC, a non-profit organization that assists individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and on the City Plan Commission.
He handles all levels of social security cases, including hearings before Administrative Law Judges, the Appeals Council and District Court. He is a member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives. He is the author of A Guide to Understanding Social Security Disability / Supplemental Security Income and A Guide to Understanding Childhood Supplemental Security Income. He was also selected to be on the Social Security Disability Working Group Committee, which assisted in re-shaping the social security rules and processes for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
Attorney Durkin has helped countless clients qualify for SSDI and SSI benefits for over 15 years. He has a proven track record of success. He represents social security clients throughout southeastern Wisconsin, including Racine, Kenosha and Milwaukee counties. He is a local attorney, not an out-of-state internet or television disability company. He personally handles every aspect of a client's case from the initial meeting through the hearing so the client is confident that everything possible is being done to reach a favorable outcome. He is committed to helping and fighting for clients to obtain the social security benefits they deserve.
Areas of Practice:
- Social Security Disability / Supplemental Security Income (SSDI / SSI)
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
- Wisconsin, 1994
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana, 1994, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, 1990
Past and Current Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Racine County Bar Association
- Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives
- Social Security Disability Working Group Committee for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- ARC - Board of Directors
- Racine City Plan Commission Member
Past Employment Positions:
- Becker | French | Durkin, 2000-2019
- Capwell and Berthelsen, 1995 - 2000
- Dane County, Wisconsin, Judicial Clerk, 1994 -1995